UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss splitting grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

hi, i recently renovated my bathroom. stripped all walls, replastered, pva sealed the walls, re-tiled walls with adhesive+grout, let it dry and now i amgoing over it again grouting it. I have done exactly as the tub said, exactly what my father in law said and my collins DIY manual said, which are all the same practice. After i finished an area i grab a coffee go back to admire and all my joints have tiny blow holes in the centre of the joint with a line/indentation running along it.
Please help as i am going insane!!!
I was told by a tiling shop its cause i am using a adhesive+grout solution and it needs to be just grout. tried this and its doing the same.

G

Gazzer

1st http://www.tilersforums.com/tile-adhesive-grout-substrate-preparation/2511-p-v-versus-primers.html
2nd what tiles have you used ? ceramic, Porcelain , Stone ?
3rd the pin holing you describe wil be down to not getting the air out of the joints when tooling the grout in, it can also be caused by over wet grout either in the mixing process ( obviously not in this case) or washing off with too much water.
4th The shop is correct in that Adhesive to stick the tiles and a Grout to grout.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to splitting grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
I am planning to get 1000x1000 tiles in my kitchen from the following website. In the quote they...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.