UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss spraying fairings in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

TT Tiling

hey ev eryone ,hope we all had a good xmas ,im spending all my time in the garage spraying my race fairings for my r6 motor bike
god i had no idea it was going to be so hard lol , got a set of e bay that needed a bit of repair , wet and dryed them then i primed them and o boy ,you think you filled every bump and hole till you prime them ,then its all start over again ,then again lol ,the wifes laughing at me saying im over the top with the finish ,but its my baby and i want her looking good ,so its back out to the garage to wet and dry again lol
but got to say its like santas grotto out there ,got my mince pies ,glass of milk ,heater on ,nice :thumbsup:
have a good one everyone

T

TT Tiling

Picture 659.jpg Picture 661.jpg Picture 663.jpg

T

TT Tiling

Lot of work there! You should be well happy with it when your done tho. I have the YZF 600 t.cat, it was in mint condition til I had an accident in july (I had just spent an arm and a leg on it). There is not a lot of damage and its all cosmetic but I know its there and I hate it!
goodbike the t. cat mate i know had one ,good all round bike , know wot you mean about you know its there ,wife keeps saying it looks good ,but i know it can be better ,but my god its tacking some time to do ,lol

T

TT Tiling

View attachment 36725

A pic of your bikes fatter, older and slower brother :lol:[/QUOTE
hey looks in very good nic that ,funny how things move on ,i had the fzr 600 years ago ,then a blade ,then moved back to a gsxr 750 k6 ,now that was a good track bike ,all most as fast as a 1000cc but way faster in the turns ,heres a pic of it a donninton ,knee down lifting my visor ,had this one for about 3-4 years now moved bask to the r6 ,but this bike in the right hands goes like sh-t , i dont ride the roads any more ,wife dont like it so its track days only for me ,you should try it one day ,really get to see wot your bikes capable of ,know yours is an older bike ,but still do 150 -160 mph Picture 430.jpg

T

TT Tiling

That is a hell of a pic! You smooth git :lol:

I would love to get it on a track, if I had the money i dont think I would ride on the roads at all. How much is it for a track day? Its something that I want to give a go this year but have no idea about the cost.

well they start from about £80-90 ,but if you do the bigger track like don and brands your payup wards of £160 to £210 , well worth every penny mate ,my firat was at don ,started in the novice group on then wot was my road bike ,enjoyed it that much ,turned the bike in to a track day never looked back , your prob better starting at a big track as theres more run off if you get it wrong and the tracks so much wider if you get your line wrong ,some friends and i stayed in the novice for about 3 track days , you soon pick up speed and move up a group ,now we all ways ride the fast group and take it very seriously ,got tyre warmers and all run on race slicks ,its amazing wot your bike can do ,you would never get any where near that on the road ,,the thing to do is do wot your happy with ,build up your speed as the day goes on ,dont try and keep up with others lol , try it mate your never look back , and if things do go wrong ,the ambulance is there in secs ,hope i have talked you in to doing your first track day your love it ,
three of us are off to spain in feb for 4 days on track in the sun shine ,only cost £450 and they ship your bike out there hotel all in cant wait ,did the same trip 5 years ago ,top time ,90 guys on bikes 3 groups then open pit lane ,so you can just ride as much as you like , end of the day 90 guys all in the same bar ,talking bikes over some beer ,life good

Reply to spraying fairings in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! So I got to a job yesterday downstairs wetroom floor with mains underfloor heating...
Replies
Views
Hi - looking for a bit of advice if anyone has experienced this. Hands up I am completely...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I have a 1940's semi and i have been redecorating my front room, no its my own...
Replies
Views
Hi all, new here and I need some desperate help. Recently got my dad to tile my kitchen...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.