Discuss Stain in Decorativa Limestone in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mojoammo

I am looking recommendations for removing a stain from limestone floor. Client claims that his painter may have split either paint, solvent ,or both. There is a dull ghost of the stain and splash marks. The stone was originally sealed with Fila MP90 and has a honed finish. I would like to remove the stain without damage to the stone and then reseal the entire area. Any advice is welcome.

M

mojoammo

Thanks for the reply Dave, I have not been able to verify what was spilt as no one is claiming responsibility.I I have been checking out products from Fila and Lithofin and yeah, we do need to know the nature of the spilt product to perscribe the correct solution. To me it seems like a solvent/thinners but without chemical analysis I can't be certain. I have spoken to the guy at Tile Doctor who reckons all things are repairable (after completing their coarse and with their products). Do you have any experience of Tile Doctor and their reputation?

Reply to Stain in Decorativa Limestone in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, We're having some work done on the home and having some natural stone tiles fitted into our...
Replies
Views
Niunia
N
J
Hi. finished a Grey Limestone wet room last week. All good everyone happy. Bathroom fitter just...
Replies
Views
Mr Tiler
M
Hello, I have some 'black' Nero granite unglazed porcelain tiles (actually very dark grey)...
Replies
Views
TJ Smiler
T
J
just come back from looking at a problem floor in cotswolds. big slabs 2.2 x 1.2 mts i think . I...
Replies
Views
jonnyc
J
F
Hi guys, any tips for me? Ive had to use an orbital sander to remove stains from grout on...
Replies
Views
MARBLE_TONY
M

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Stain in Decorativa Limestone
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.