Search the forum,

Discuss Stains showing through sealed brazilian slate floor tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Cheeseroller

Hi, I have come to a job where the previous tiler has laid new brazilian floor tiles and then sealed them after a week or so (having carried on working in the building) There are various stains (whitish) that are showing through. Tiles were sealed with HG natural stone sealer/impregnator. I spoke to someone at a tile store who advised using HG stain/spot remover to remove the existing sealer, then go over it with a grout residue remover, then re-seal; however these removers have not got rid of the stains/watermarks underneath. Can anyone help?

Reply to Stains showing through sealed brazilian slate floor tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.