UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss starting a two year plumbing Course in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Aston

i was going to meet phil hobson yesterday but he had a meeting so i called into 5 of my tile shops to say hello.
everyone of them said that all the local lads were struggling due to plumbers doing the whole bathroom lark. they said that they really were worried about the effect on their tilers.

dean, you are 100% doing the right thing mate, 2 yrs time you will be looking back at 1. how quick the time went and 2. how much more potential you now have...love it deano, top man, takes balls to fight back, hit those pipe bending barstewds were it hurts ;0) lol

ed

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
manchester
I am under no illusions this will not make me a plumber (thank the lord god almighty) but at least I will be able to sort-out my own wet rooms and bathrooms. The last two plumbers I have worked with were absolute morons they was not at all interested in the job being done correctly and had the attitude that they new every thing because they were plumbers.

Nice one Deano, go for it mate..decent plumbers are hard to find! I've just found another decent plumber but he's a nightmare to pin down.. Was thinking the same myself mate,but I'm just to busy tiling...! Looked at 6 jobs today :/

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

Point taken Ray and they won't payout for the bigger cutters but there will still be alot of the smaller sizes of tiles that they can take on and that will be were jobs are crap.
well they have always done splashbacks but been moving into bathrooms and floors but even on the spash backs now finding clients useing 1200 x 600 and loving having hardly any joints and finding clients asking more and more can you recomend some one

W

White Room

well they have always done splashbacks but been moving into bathrooms and floors but even on the spash backs now finding clients useing 1200 x 600 and loving having hardly any joints and finding clients asking more and more can you recomend some one

No to be honest but I have a sigma for 900 tiles and have used more than once which has surprised me, looks like I could be knocking on your door for somethink bigger:thumbsup:

C

Colour Republic

Nice one Deano!

Without a doubt the best move you could make. Not sure on the course but in the most part bathrooms only require the basics of plumbing rather than some of the more technical sides to the trade. The most technical it gets is with the different waste systems and the pit falls to avoid and learning about the different domestic systems and making sure the fixtures and fitting are compatible with them. As with any trade it's not quite as easy as it looks but as I say the basics you need to learn are simple in the most part.

Good luck mate and when you're ready to buy your kit then check back and i'll try and give you some pointers, for £200 you can get a good solid basic tool kit together. torches, cutters, benders, adjustables etc. etc.:thumbsup:

T

The D

Nice one Deano!

Without a doubt the best move you could make. Not sure on the course but in the most part bathrooms only require the basics of plumbing rather than some of the more technical sides to the trade. The most technical it gets is with the different waste systems and the pit falls to avoid and learning about the different domestic systems and making sure the fixtures and fitting are compatible with them. As with any trade it's not quite as easy as it looks but as I say the basics you need to learn are simple in the most part.

Good luck mate and when you're ready to buy your kit then check back and i'll try and give you some pointers, for £200 you can get a good solid basic tool kit together. torches, cutters, benders, adjustables etc. etc.:thumbsup:
nice one m8 that's good of you:thumbsup:

Reply to starting a two year plumbing Course in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am a keen DIYer and have chosen an Impey Aqua Dec 4 and waterguard tanking kit. The Aqua...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.