UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Stella and Bud to reduce Alcohol content in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
My trusty stella is reducing their alcohol content again, from 5% to 4.8%. Budweiser and Becks are doing the same.

Do any of you think it will affect taste? Can you remember when Stella was 5.1% and dropped to 5%? Did that alter the taste then?

I love my stella and can tell when a pub doesn't look after their lines as it tastes slightly different. I can also spot UK produced and Belgian produced just by taste too. Really really fussy about my stella so I hope it still tastes the same. The reduction in % might do me a favour if it tastes the same as I can get through some stella and it can't be good for me.

F

Fliselege

Supermarkets here can't sell anything over 4.1%, and can only sell lager. Strong beer, wine and spirits only available at government run outlets, and because booze is so expensive, and also the drink drive laws so strict (mandatory 7 days imprisoment when there's space, you could wait 3 years to do the time) I drink low alcohol low tax lettøl beer, 2.5% only but I can knock back 10 33cl bottles and not worry about driving to work in the morning. Got used to the taste but it took a while.... I used to be able to hold my ale, but now I get tiddley enough to walk into walls after 2 pints of Guiness on special occasions.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
im like you dan, love my stella, i would sooner have a couple of ice cold stellas than gallons of the lower % larger..
and i hope it dosn't affect the taste, cause i will be able to tell a mile off, and i wont be happy...

Attachments

• MSN-Emoticon-154.gif
    2.7 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Stella and Bud to reduce Alcohol content in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

G
Don’t just take our word for it! Amazon Testimonials 5.0 out of 5 stars Best kneepads you will...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G
Did a couple of small jobs - relaying some quarry tiles and a small bathroom floor using a bag...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B
D
Brace yourself for the biggest dollop of old WAFFLE in your life. As the saying goes "If it...
Replies
Views
Hi All I received this by e-mail the other day via the CFA. Not really studied it as I don't...
Replies
Views
Peter
P
D
I thought I would start a thread about something that we all may have done when we were kids. It...
Replies
Views
Rob Z
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.