Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss Still confused about dry cutters in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

Fair comments from all and I HAD had a bad day as it happens!

My comments on "backwards" uk was aimed at the nation - not at tilers in general. I really meant that we are really years behind in our experience and tastes. As it happens, I've just completed a mirror flat floor in polsihed marble. Hard but satisfying work.

Perhaps "backwards" was a poor word to use. "Behind" would have been more appropriate. Sorry if I made you bristle Dave. (you with your martial arts an' all!)

I am hacked off with customers who expect floors and bathrooms like Tony Hawk's 8 million dollar mansion, using B&Q poop in a 1950's asbestos and artex ridden semi.

Also hacked off with the country in general right now. I love the place but the people "in charge" are slowly but surely killing it. sWe's comments about the UK needing a strong regulatory body - nice idea and I fully agree but it aint gonna happen - not here, not now. We are far too busy launching multi-million pound "investigations" into ridiculous things like why John Sargeant didn't win Strictly Dome Dancing. :rant:

Hey Grace's Dad,

I thought you must be letting off steam, and there is obviously more to let off lol! But you know, I just came back form Germany where I watched the news several times a day - my parents are news addicts, and all the complaints here are there, too, it;s as if there was a conspiracy of identical news... superbugs, hospital mistakes, violence towards babies, gun toting yougsters, disprespect towards teachers, not enough police, a too powerful and greedy America ruining everyone, shoddy workmanship (yes, in Germany!) recession, chemicals in food, the green house effect, the drag of recycling, crap education system, footballers still being overpaid while the rest of us are loosing our houses....all good positive stuff then. Depression all round, people saying to me, "can't blame you for moving to England, it's still nice there, you don't have so many regulations, being self employed is so much easier over there" (which it is ), etc....and then I come back and people say to me, "why do you want to move here, it's crap here!" I remember being in Italy and them proudly saying" AAHH we ahava the most bootiful country in the worrrld and the best lovverrrss.... in Spain they are proud of their weather and beaches and wine, in France..well you get the picture... what do the Brits say they are proud of? Used to be pubs...but mostly it's a knock the nation mentality. Which of course doesn't do anybody any good, as the more depressed people get the less they care about what they are doing in their own lives let alone in their professions or for their communities. And the young people aren't exactly spoon fed enthusiasm form the media are they.

The only thing we can change is ourselves and take responsibilty for what we do, as parents, tilers, doctors, politicians, but most of all for what we think, this is what we can control - we must make sure to use the freedom of inner thought and choose positively, because that alone can give us strength to change things for the better.

Ok I stop now....I do hope your little girl is better and you and your family have a great Christmas and happy new year.

:santa3:

U

user123

mosaic girl quote;The only thing we can change is ourselves and take responsibilty for what we do

Thats true, but there are so many looking at the free gravy train and play the system which we pay for

Yes whitebeam, but it's always been like that, always always, in days of of slavery not so long gone or perhaps not gone at all... in the churches even... there is just more information about it now than ever before and we are fed it daily with a purely negative tilt, so eveyone gets overloaded with it, so that the human spirit and real achievement has become completely underrated and we don't understand the connections of anything anymore.

We celebrate celebrities (for what?) instead of the brain surgeon who works 10 hours solid on some poor soul's brain, or the carers for people who would have been locked up, drugged up and forgotten just years ago.... heroism and overcoming of adversity and grit and strength, fresh new ideas and striving for a better world is there now like in all times, but it is our choice as a a society on what to concentreate on that has allowed the negative rot to set in, not the facts themselves, they have always been there. Don't get bogged down by stuff you can't change, that's an absolute waste of energy, get into what you can, and you'll rediscover the joy of life and allsorts, the passion we have as human beings to grow and to develop into something better.

I've been lucky enough to witness the healing progress of patients with a variety of illnesses - guess who heals faster, those who are glued to the bad news which are endless, or those who go out fishing or whatever and smell the flowers and are grateful they can smell, even if it's just wrapped up in a chair facing the sun.

Is being positive and real easy? No, not always, but it can be practised like everything else. And is worth more than almost anything else.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
One thing I will say. The Genesis cutter with the rubi wheel is cool. But with rubi you're paying for the breaking mechanism, as their improved Plus range shows in the price, that has a 'heavier' breaker on the cutter.

You could scribe something by hand with a hand-scribe and then snap it on a rubi much better, cleaner and easier than on any other brand I feel and that's really what I'd spend money on.

The TS-40 is the minimum I'd get cutting upto 30-oddcm tiles. Then the Plus if it's porcelain and the likes.

Perhaps I'm pro-rubi. You wont find a tiler that says they're poor quality though, no matter what cutter they use, but a rubi user would find a fault or weakness in any other cutter, and that's sort of where my favouritism comes into it.

A

Alberta Stone

but it's always been like that, always always, in days of of slavery not so long gone or perhaps not gone at all...
go to google video and give zeitgeist addendum a watch....very illuminating.
actually, here is the link.... Zeitgeist: Addendum

Is being positive and real easy? No, not always, but it can be practised like everything else.

It is actually harder these days what with the rat poison(fluoride) in the water, it induces apathy and diminished brain power (probably why old hitler had it put in the water in the concentration camps and the russians in the gulags...I'm sure they didn't give a fig for their teeth).

But one must not let the turkeys get you down, if you want to soar with the eagles, that is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Still confused about dry cutters in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Hi All Had a panic when we had to rip out some of our floor tiles after a plumbing leak...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Still confused about dry cutters
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • BAL

Votes: 26 30.2%