Discuss Stolen tools in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Onlinetiler

Hi everyone,
Has been a long while since I was online so hope all are well and business is booming - it's certainly very buoyant around London at the moment.

My lock up garage was burgled last week and some tools were stolen. It was a very specific break in - golf clubs, speakers, portable tv etc all left behind. All that was taken was my big Rubi wet cutter, half a pallet of adhesive and a box containing diamond drill bits and trowels.

The reason for this post is to let you all know that thieves appear to be targeting tradesmen at the moment and to advise everyone how important it is to make sure your tools are marked - mine weren't so the police can't do anything as they can't prove them to be mine. Etch all of your dry and wet cutters with a random number that might not mean anything to anyone but you, and photograph it for your records. If there's a serial number write it down somewhere.

On the bright side I've used my cutter for 7 years and know every scratch on it, and there are some very distinguishing marks on it that only I would know.

You may not believe this last bit but I've actually just bought my own cutter back on ebay - the dopey **** that nicked it didn't even have the brains to leave it a couple of months before off loading it. I'll let you know how it goes when I go to pick it up :lol::lol:

Justice shall be served even if the police can't help.

Happy tiling everyone.

J

jay

Hi everyone,
Has been a long while since I was online so hope all are well and business is booming - it's certainly very buoyant around London at the moment.

My lock up garage was burgled last week and some tools were stolen. It was a very specific break in - golf clubs, speakers, portable tv etc all left behind. All that was taken was my big Rubi wet cutter, half a pallet of adhesive and a box containing diamond drill bits and trowels.

The reason for this post is to let you all know that thieves appear to be targeting tradesmen at the moment and to advise everyone how important it is to make sure your tools are marked - mine weren't so the police can't do anything as they can't prove them to be mine. Etch all of your dry and wet cutters with a random number that might not mean anything to anyone but you, and photograph it for your records. If there's a serial number write it down somewhere.

On the bright side I've used my cutter for 7 years and know every scratch on it, and there are some very distinguishing marks on it that only I would know.

You may not believe this last bit but I've actually just bought my own cutter back on ebay - the dopey **** that nicked it didn't even have the brains to leave it a couple of months before off loading it. I'll let you know how it goes when I go to pick it up :lol::lol:

Justice shall be served even if the police can't help.

Happy tiling everyone.

have you informed the police of your find might be worth a thought

E

enduro

We had a spell of quad bikes being stolen from farms in my area..the police knew who it was (pikey) but would not do anything..So one of the farmers put the word around in the local pubs he was looking to buy a second hand quad...After a few days this guy appeared and agreed to meet this guy with a (stolen) quad...He had a greeting party when he turned up...They nail gunned his hands to the side of a wooden barn. The thieving stopped after that.

U

user123

We had a spell of quad bikes being stolen from farms in my area..the police knew who it was (pikey) but would not do anything..So one of the farmers put the word around in the local pubs he was looking to buy a second hand quad...After a few days this guy appeared and agreed to meet this guy with a (stolen) quad...He had a greeting party when he turned up...They nail gunned his hands to the side of a wooden barn. The thieving stopped after that.

God :yikes: ok, I'm definitely not tough enough for that sort of thing...

C

Colour Republic

How long ago was this mate?? 2/3 years ago? or much more recent?

BTW I take it you made it down to the Heathfield show, got any new toys?

EDIT: That sounds so wrong! A thread about thievs and i'm asking you to broadcast what you might have up for grabs :lol: ignore the question :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Stolen tools in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have a question about how/when best to install tile trim - probably quite basic! One...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Please help me. Really having a nightmare here. Just moved into a new house and the...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Stolen tools
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.