Guest viewing is limited

Discuss stone directly onto green concrete. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

disastermaster

Hi, I have a job to tile approx 16m2 of Limestone directly onto concrete. The concrete has been down for about 2 weeks and there is not enough hieght to lay a screed. The concrete is relatively flat and smooth.
I was going to lay a decoupling membrane (ditra, dural) which would be fixed down with rapid set white flexy adhesive and then tile on top with the same adhesive. Is there anything else I should be doing to ensure a trouble free installation?
Thanks .

D

disastermaster

Thanks for that Dave,
Things have changed now with the customer, he now wants cable ufh to be fitted in the floor just for comfort heating in the main walk areas. I have told him this will increase the finished floor level because of the cable itself and at least 6mm insulation. He says he is not concerned about losing the insulation part of the setup.(although I have advised him otherwise!).
So now what would be the best method to do this job? I was thinking of using Dural Ci for the matting. What is best to do with the heating cable ,install it above or below the matting? Any advise would be appreciated.

cheers

D

DHTiling

In this case because of the green screed then fix the membrane then ufh on top.. it can
be done either way with ditra but best to keep the moisture below the mat to vaporise.

The reason for the mat above the ditra is to not hinder the adhesion of the adhesive setting slowly on the screed...if you see what i mean.

If in doubt please do contact schluter to get confirmation for best method for your project.

Reply to stone directly onto green concrete. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Our ground floor construction is a mesh reinforced structural concrete floor that was poured...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
We just had a 1.5 sq. m area of floor tiled professionally in our ensuite. The base floor is 18...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
stone directly onto green concrete.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.