Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Stone tiles not sticking to plywood floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Just read the first post again...travertine!! Definately worth thinking about getting someone in (not just anyone who can tile!).

I'll be laying my first (since I started out as a tiler) 3.5sq m trav floor tommorrow. Was already prep'd with 18mm ply by the customer and he wasn't going to change it!! So I made sure it was screwed down at 100mm centre's, installed DITRAMATT with 1pt flexible rapid set and used a 4mm trowel (which I just got home from doing) and tomorrow I'll be laying the floor with a white 2pt flexible adhesive, and 10mm trowel.

Even with the little experience I have, I'll still be going in with my rear end twitching!! :lol:

Nowt like OTT tile fixing... that will not shift in a million years.:thumbsup:

My job was definately 18mm WBP, and screwed down at 100mm centres. Don't know what grade of 6mm ply BexH used though?

I forgot to mention in my last post that I wiped the floor down twice, left overnight to dry, primed it in the morning and left that to dry for an hour before fixing anything to it.

Does sound like the wood wasn't prep'd right and/or dusty.

Yeah my first big trav job. So much fun, customer really happy with it so far.

I've got a 4sq m en-suite re-fit with slate floor & UFH confirmed for 23rd Aug too...That one will be even more fun!!

Can you send me some details about the no more ply? Ie. Who stocks it/prices etc.

I went to clean the floor up today, and do some final cuts for the walls. The neighbours called round to complain about the smoke alarm that someone had thrown in the skip and had been beeping for the last week and keeping them awake at night (it wasn't me BTW). So I said I would have a dig around and look for it, then they asked me to re-fit their bathroom and tile it too! It's exactly the same as the one I'm in now!! Don't know if I should laugh or cry - dejavu!!

Then they also asked about fitting 20sqM Kardean floor in the kitchen and I wanted to pick your brains about it, as I know you have experience.

Will catch up with you and Mr Baker so will be intouch via email soon.

Reply to Stone tiles not sticking to plywood floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

450 x 450 porcelain tiles were laid on the bathroom floor recently. One of the tile sometimes...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I'm planning on tiling my porch, and the tiles and adhesive will take up around 13mm of height...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Stone tiles not sticking to plywood floor
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.