Discuss strange request from a neighbour in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doug boardley

I was cutting front hedge this aft before kids got back from school and neighbour from the farm just down the road pulled up in his van,,,,"Doug, can you do us a favour with your pick up"....I thought maybe he'd got a sheep or a cow stuck in a dyke and needed it towing out,,,,,,"No probs Bob, what's to do" says me
"I've bought meself a 4x4 that needs a bit o' seeing to, and was wondering if you'd pick it up for us on Woofies trailer?" says Bob,
"I can do it friday Bob, can't do it over weekend, taking caravan off for weekend friday afternoon, where's it at?" says me,
"Harrogate, nobbut 65 miles, only hour and a half, you're a star fella, pick us up when kids are on't bus an' we'll hit the road.....I'll see thee right for't cash" and then he just drove off!! (probs before my jaw hit the floor!:yikes:)
strange thing is, until a couple of weeks ago I'd never been to harrogate, now I'll have been there 3 times within 6 weeks:lol:,(going there again in july for 2 weeks hols)

U

user123

There you go Doug that has saved you a trip now Dave has offered to bring it down when he finishes on Friday.

That's what this forum is great for, members always willing to help others out:thumbsup:

:lol: you said what I didn't dare.... :lol: we definitely have the same birthday, don't we..... :lol: And on the way back Dave is going to pass by Scarborough, too, and give me a hand with stuff, he's a kind sort, in't he... :)

U

user123

:yikes: not that pic of the shopping trolley with a six pack in it (and only 1 six pack)
wasn't a pretty pic:mad2:

That's the one... :lol: and I seem to remember you loved it? :lol: yep, one bottle left of that lot... :lol: and about 5 of Original Pear Cider that tastes lovely but gives me an instant headache, so that can be free to a good home, and umpteen bottles of something or other given to us over the years... :lol: we just keep forgetting about them :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to strange request from a neighbour in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bit of a long read......but it made me chuckle a lot. Pocket Taser Stun Gun, a great gift...
Replies
Views
Dougs Third Go
D
P
Here is my all to common rant of the week before I go on my holiday tomorrow. I am a woman, its...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D
J
If you are 36, or older, you might think this is hilarious! When I was a kid, adults used to...
Replies
Views
user123
U
monday and tuseday last week i tiled a travortine conservatory for a customer, i dont get the...
Replies
Views
SandyFloor
S
E
Pocket Tazer Stun Gun, a great gift for the wife. ... A guy who purchased his lovely wife a...
Replies
Views
paul damian
P

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
strange request from a neighbour
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.