UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Kids have it easy in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

G, is it something like this? Children's Laptop

Yes, something like that, oh and H volunteered that we buy it, for her 1st birthday... it's 'real educational' I am told... oh good grief... but with the microwave, honestly, young mum opens the carboot and brings out a microwave, I say, what did you bring that for, laughing, and she says, you don't have one, it's to sterilize her bottles! And took it home again. Have baby need microwave... a wonder how we have survived for so long, eh? :lol:

D

doug boardley

24811_1320152676968_1025320376_30978972_1460571_n.jpg

then they want your laptop!

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
i even do it to my lads at work
"when i was serving my time,there was no such things as wisks,everything mixed by stick and posser",

"electric tile cutter,pmmmmfffffffff,we used a hand tile saw,took you all day to tile around one socket,but its was blinking worth it"

"drylining,pmmmmffffffttttttt,when i was a lad it was either sand and cement or browning mixed in a bath with a rake,40 bags a day i used to mix,on me own,now NOW NOW,its all mixed with a wisk,and you still complain its hard work"
ect ect ect

and don't even get me started on my own kids:yikes:

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
I'm only 41 and my daughter thinks we had to chase dinosaurs out of the playground while at school...lol I always make a point of saying how fortunate she is compared to my childhood, but only to make sure she appreciates what she has and gets.

stewart,im 41,when i tell my 20y old(in aug) how hard me and her mum had it,mum was 18 i was 21 when she was born,she says,"yeah,like you did,with your nice car and house",no use in tellin her it has taken us 20 years from living in a rented house in a rough area to where we are now(which is not that much better,to be honest)she just laughs and says "yeah,whatever,can you lend me £20" :(

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
well i was born in 66' so by my calculating that makes me 21 :smilewinkgrin:, i remember wakeing up one christmas morning to the joy of a new t.v game of tennis, which was just a small stright line each side of the t.v and you hit the slowest ball on the planet back and forth.

i my kids dont belive me when i tell them in my stocking was a satsuma, apple and if we were lucky some chocy coins.

and they look at you gone out when you tell them the t.v was in black and white, no colour, imagine trying to watch the snooker :lol::lol:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Kids have it easy in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Hi there Homeowner here who recently had my kitchen tiled by a professional tiler. We’ve been...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm really hoping you all can help as I am at my wits end. We have hired...
Replies
Views
Hey first time on this forum. I have a problem I think. Me and my Dad were tilling a cement slab...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.