UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Strange requests in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

I like to think I carry everything in my van that I will need to complete any tiling related job but, every now and then I need something that I don't have. Recently I've asked customers for a length of string (to tie to a shower control cable, to stop it disappearing into the stud wall) and some weighing scales (for two part adhesive). Anyone found themselves asking for anything a bit odd that's not in the van?

I

Ian

You borrowed scales to weigh addy Bri :lol:

Never seen anybody do that, what did the punter say :lol:

They didn't question what I was doing, just gave them to me and left it at that! I found that I was wasting half a bucket of two part for every mix, so had no choice but to chop it in half. I did feel like some sort of drug dealer weighing out white powder in the back of the van :lol: The liquid was easy to split with a 2 litre bottle, but the powder needed to be 4kg, so kitchen scales it was!

C

Colour Republic

They didn't question what I was doing, just gave them to me and left it at that! I found that I was wasting half a bucket of two part for every mix, so had no choice but to chop it in half. I did feel like some sort of drug dealer weighing out white powder in the back of the van :lol: The liquid was easy to split with a 2 litre bottle, but the powder needed to be 4kg, so kitchen scales it was!

Err just empty a bag in to a few buckets until all the same height :lol:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I didn't have to ask for this but a customer once saw me coughing my guts up and knew I had a bad cold. I was cutting outside getting soaked (old skool - you'd have a decent cutter these days now doubt lol) and the lady shouted me and said 'come here' and went to the kitchen. Got in there she'd sorted out a bowl of water with some olbas oil in and a mug of some lemon tea stuff, then gave me a towel and said to stick it over my head over the bowl for as long as I needed.

At the time it freaked me out a bit and I wanted to get my cuts done so spent only a minute over the bowl, and took the tea out with me but didn't like it so sneaked it down the drain.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Strange requests in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A
forgive me if not in the right topic - please advise and i will re-post! Help Please! I have...
Replies
Views
B
A while ago i posted here saying that i'd had an underfloor heating job fail. I laid two mats...
Replies
Views
G
If I ever was cool that is.. For the past year I have been working with my brother since our...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D
Y
Hi All, I have for the past 24 hours getting to grips with a lot of issues with regard to...
Replies
Views
YNWA2012
Y
U
I hope somebody can offer us some advice. We had an extension built last spring and have been...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.