Discuss Stream lining in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

charlie1

Well narrowed it down to 2 customers, and I have been satisfied that one of them has not got it, the other one not answering there phone so far. Dpf, I don't think so but you never know. Cam, I like the new one but just too expensive to justify. Gamma, I once had a sneaky customer try to change dewalt 18v batteries on my drill, I have discreetly marked them though, he made out it was accident lol... Chancer

C

charlie1

Ok, day 2 without my laser in what I'd describe a pretty challenging small ensuite. I have not missed it and I've not missed the constant pole getting in my way either. Also, in addition to my missing laser, I have put my mixer in to redundancy and mixing small batches by hand that will do an hour or so. This is the way forward, one little bag with everything I need to do most jobs :hurray:

M

mattle40

Mixing is overrated anyway, green star for everything! Wouldn't worry about a level either, half the time, the floor is nearly level, just work off that
A lot of those builders work like this and they get loads of jobs so can't be too bad
I might even sack off my grout float and use the flat edge of my trowel, I've seen that done before, dunno why I never thought of it, it even leaves a metallic fleck on the tiles too
We really could learn a lot from these general builder types

Mixing is overrated anyway, green star for everything! Wouldn't worry about a level either, half the time, the floor is nearly level, just work off that
A lot of those builders work like this and they get loads of jobs so can't be too bad
I might even sack off my grout float and use the flat edge of my trowel, I've seen that done before, dunno why I never thought of it, it even leaves a metallic fleck on the tiles too
We really could learn a lot from these general builder types

:lol::lol: You carry on mate hahaa

I

Ian

I found my laser in the van between two buckets inside each other. My van is a mess, need to get it sorted but its one robe rush to finish and no time between next one

It's all about having it racked out well. I find that now everything has a specific place in the van, it's dead easy to keep tidy and organised. Takes 5 mins to pack everything away at the end of the day. It used to be a nightmare, stuff all stacked on top of each other, that's what causes the mess.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

charlie1

It's all about having it racked out well. I find that now everything has a specific place in the van, it's dead easy to keep tidy and organised. Takes 5 mins to pack everything away at the end of the day. It used to be a nightmare, stuff all stacked I top of each other, that's what causes the mess.

I need to re rack my van I think. Your right though, much easier with a tidy van

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Stream lining in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I recently purchased my first property and the existing kitchen floor porcelain tiles were...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
Hi, apologies if this has already been covered before but I couldn't find anything in the forum...
Replies
Views
Hi all In a kind of 'Payment' for all the advice i have got from here i have decided to do a...
Replies
Views
O
    • Informative
    • Winner
so I'm currently undertaking a project at the moment with 1800 x 800 x 10mm Florim porcelain...
Replies
Views
Italy
I

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB