Discuss Strenthing joists in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
What are your thoughts lads on glueing & screwing 3/4 ply to the sides of joists have tried it seems to make a lot of difference in the bounce ?

Yes it will reduce deflection considerably. A bit like building a pn engineered joist. However whilst it will reduce bounce you would not be able to determine easily the effect it would have on load baring capacity without some engineering calcs...

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Strenthing joists in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I am a noob trying to tile our shower. Since the old tiles were taken off, some of that...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB