Discuss stud finder in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

I've never had one that's taken it any other way than as an accident. If you do happen to hit a pipe don't run round like a headless chicken, calmly turn the water off and open as many taps as you can to drain the water from the pipes. If its a gravity fed system uncover the hole in the pipe as quickly and calmly as you can and put your finger over the hole until the water has drained from the tank, or if there is someone with you get them to find the gate valve on the hot water cylinder or bung the feed from the cold tank with a parsnip (that's not a joke)

Do you carry a parsnip in the van, incase of emergencies? :)

M

Mr Tiler

I've never had one that's taken it any other way than as an accident. If you do happen to hit a pipe don't run round like a headless chicken, calmly turn the water off and open as many taps as you can to drain the water from the pipes. If its a gravity fed system uncover the hole in the pipe as quickly and calmly as you can and put your finger over the hole until the water has drained from the tank, or if there is someone with you get them to find the gate valve on the hot water cylinder or bung the feed from the cold tank with a parsnip (that's not a joke)

even after reading that I think with my inexperience at this moment in time I would be using the headless chicken tactic lol... but hey that's what insurance is for to buy people new houses lol thanks mate I will bare the advice in mind when the inevitable happens.

beanz

TF
Berkshire
even after reading that I think with my inexperience at this moment in time I would be using the headless chicken tactic lol... but hey that's what insurance is for to buy people new houses lol thanks mate I will bare the advice in mind when the inevitable happens.

Just remember, if you screw through a pipe, DO NOT take the screw out, until you've got everything under control. If you drill through, you're out of options lol!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to stud finder in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there, We have red quarry tiles in our indoor entrance hall and my wife would like to paint...
Replies
Views
Hello, I did some reading here and there, but the opinions seem to diverge at some point and I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I purchased some tiles on the 13th August from Topps Tiles in London, I wont say which one. But...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB