Discuss sunday roast in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

my mum used to do the carrots like this.

Cut carrots julienne style
Add to a pan enough water to cover them +1cm
Add two generous table spoons of real butter and a generous table spoon of sugar.
Boil away with regular stirring until the water is gone and you are left with caramelised carrots.

So nice.

Also with the stuffing you want to add some sausage meat to the mix with boiling water, a beaten egg then bake for 20 minutes or until crispy on top.

With your roasties you want to par boil them then put them into a collinder. Swill the potatoes round until they rough up then coat them in a mixture of 50/50 mustard powder and plain white flour. Take out your pre heated pan of oil and put the roasties in, turning until they are golden brown, the smaller the better in my experience.

Got plenty more of mums tips. She used to do 175 covers on a sunday 30 years ago in the pub we had.

Makes me realise how much I miss her...

enjoy ash

M

Mr Tiler

Add two generous table spoons of real butter and a generous table spoon of sugar.
Boil away with regular stirring until the water is gone and you are left with caramelised carrots.

So nice.

Also with the stuffing you want to add some sausage meat to the mix with boiling water, a beaten egg then bake for 20 minutes or until crispy on top.

With your roasties you want to par boil them then put them into a collinder. Swill the potatoes round until they rough up then coat them in a mixture of 50/50 mustard powder and plain white flour. Take out your pre heated pan of oil and put the roasties in, turning until they are golden brown, the smaller the better in my experience.

Got plenty more of mums tips. She used to do 175 covers on a sunday 30 years ago in the pub we had.

enjoy ash

wow mate, she clearly knew her stuff I will have to give those carrots a go sound delicious cheers ;)

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester

So nice.

enjoy ash

You should of been a chef mate. ...lol

D

Dougs Third Go

you can't beat this in winter, okay not a sunday roast, but good fayre nonetheless, pheasant and woodcock casserole, woodcock tastes like a mix of liver and venison, pheasant tastes like a real gamey chicken

282676_4743623461598_1428758068_n.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to sunday roast in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi all, have tiled small areas before but trying to create a wetroom.. I have read a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, new to the forum and after some advice if possible. Without boring you with my life...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB