Discuss Superstitions/ OCD in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

odd socks when i played rugby i refused to play one day as the boss insisted that i wore the team socks so i refused got dropped for a week till they gave up realising i would not back down

Every house it renovate will always have a mains fitted smoke alarm on every floor and if im working in a customers house i check their smoke detectors and change the batteries if needed and fit them if they dont have them dont know why as never had a problem with fires but its a protection thing

I

Ian

According to many of my customers I have some serious OCDs. One customer went as far as to suggest that I must be a nightmare to live with due to my obsession with symmetry, that was after I offered to adjust the cistern on her close coupled loo by 2mm 'cos it was off centre and winding me up :lol:.

2mm!!! You get the gold OCD award! Speech expected! :)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Consciously if you asked me; I'd say I not only don't be believe in superstition, I detest those that encourage it. I hate "ghost hunter" thing on TV and those robbing gits that say they can speak to the dead. It's criminal that is.

However subconsciously you could perhaps say, I find myself checking the iron is definitely off, when not only do I switch it off at the plug, I pull the plug out and leave it in the same place time after time so that when I go in the room I see the plug without leaning over the set of draws where the plug socket is - to save time OCDing the plug I wonder? lol - I also seem to line things up at a dinner table the the mm, forks, knives, no mater how many (even 'posh' restaurants I do it with ALL the forks lol).

So perhaps I have a touch of OCD. :lol:

U

user123

Consciously if you asked me; I'd say I not only don't be believe in superstition, I detest those that encourage it. I hate "ghost hunter" thing on TV and those robbing gits that say they can speak to the dead. It's criminal that is.

However subconsciously you could perhaps say, I find myself checking the orin is definitely off, when not only do I switch it off at the plug, I pull the pug out and leave it in the same place time after time so that when I go in the room I see the plug without leaning over the set of draws where the plug socket is - to save time OCDing the plug I wonder? lol - I also seem to line things up at a dinner table the the mm, forks, knives, no mater how many (even 'posh' restaurants I do it with ALL the forks lol).

So perhaps I have a touch of OCD. :lol:

you just reminded me why I DON'T have OCD... my Dad, if we didn't lay the table with the knives and forks one centimeter off the table edge, there would be trouble... for a while we had to sit with matchboxes under our armpits while eating, if they fell because we stuck the elbows out, smack... OCD is not for me!!

Reply to Superstitions/ OCD in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I’ve got a job using marble geometric mosaics about 10 mm thick. I’ve tried several blades to...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Superstitions/ OCD
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.