Discuss Take Our Quick Survey, Automatically Win A Beanie in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

JamesHardie

Attention Tilers-

We want to know what 4 product characteristics are most important for you in selecting a substrate for tile or tile backerboard. In order of importance, answer these 4 questions and we will mail you a HardieBacker beanie for your participation. Follow this link to answer the quick question. Tile backerboard survey
Thanks,

HardieGuy

*beanie will be given to first 20 participants

Last edited by a moderator:
L

LM

can I ask a question, hardie isn't as readily available over here as it is over there and I don't know the answer to this question, but is it or are there any backer boards out there that are strong enough to mount fixings on after walls are tiled so fittings won't pull of walls.Believe it or not but it's one of the main stumbling blocks for me when I'm trying to persuade builders to use backer boards instead of plywood? I get the reply, "we've been using it for years with no probs"

L

LM

I know this, simple of course! but builders argue with me that it doesn't allow for enough flexibility with different customers wanting different fittings in different places.
I've said before on this forum, a lot of guys over here are flintstones, at the end of the day there's realistically a limited number of places that fittings are going to go, but you try telling most builders over here that

O

Old Mod

Cheers, will look at that, how do those blades hold up against it over time? Yeah, it is nasty stuff that dust. I bloody hate the score and break method, not too bad if you've got enough board both sides to lever the break, but if you're just cutting a tiny bit off, it's impossible sometimes.
I tend to wear out blades faster than I fit Hardie, so I've always got an old few blades knocking about.
I don't have a designated blade, just any old crap laying around tbh! Haha

Reply to Take Our Quick Survey, Automatically Win A Beanie in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I
There have been a few threads recently asking questions about the correct procedure for...
Replies
Views
D
Imaginge: You have a product that a company could sell. And: You want their buyers to take...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
Tilers Forums .co.uk Forum Rules - Last Updated 08/12/08 Note from Dan & Dave: We aim to make...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB