Discuss Taking Pictures Of Work in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

I know that most people use their phones for taking pictures of there work, not to happy with the quality of my Samsung S3 mini but also have a small camera but don't have a wide angle lens on it.

I'm looking another camera which has a wide angle lens but not to expensive or to technical, point and shoot is my standard.

Any ideas
MSN-Emoticon-picture-taking-178.gif

padtheplumber

TF
Esteemed
redditch
I bought a Panasonic FZ72 earlier this year, which has one of the widest angle lenses as standard in its class (20mm). I think it cost about £230, but as the pic shows, from the bathroom doorway I managed to get most of the room in view, and it was a smallish bathroom, 2.3m x 1.8 ish if I remember rightly.

P1000261.JPG

padtheplumber

TF
Esteemed
redditch
I've dug another couple out of an ensuite I've done, its only 1.2m wide from left to right, cubicle is 850mm deep, door is 600mm and you can see floor to ceiling!!
These pics are all just in standard point & shoot mode, so I reckon with a bit of practise and learning how to use the features a bit it'll be well worth the money.
:)

P1000086.JPG
P1000090.JPG

Somerset
With cameras - you really pay for what you get. The widest angle cameras are the Panasonic Lumix DMC's. I sometimes use a DMC TZ 30 - outstanding lens - a Leica, but it cost me about £240 a few years ago. As pad shows with his DMC you can get excellent wide angle shots in restricted locations.

If you want shots for a web site, you need to invest in an SLR with something like an 18-200mm lens - that combo will cost you just shy of a £1000. But the quality for web photos is outstanding.

In my opinion the Panasonic can take shots nearly as good as an SLR - and that makes it price look cheap at £240. And its portable enough to keep in your van glove box so you are never without it.

Finally some mobile phones have outstanding cameras - I have seen photos from iPhones that are good enough for websites. I personally bought a Nokia Lumia which has a 41 megapixel camera and takes excellent photos, and I always have it in my pocket. But they don't have the wide angle range of the Panasonic Lumix.

Hope this helps a bit.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Taking Pictures Of Work in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
So, I bought my first home with my wife after saving for about 10 years and have been thrown...
Replies
Views
I was quoted over £4700 (inclusive of VAT) to rip out and replace my bathroom. This does not...
Replies
Views
We are currently getting our whole house refurbished. The standard of the work as been very high...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB