Discuss tanking paint in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

sharky55

Hi guys im new to the forum.can u please help me with a problem i have..i tanked my shower area about a year ago using dunlop's tanking kit.i recently noticed mildew coming through the grout where the bottom tile meets the shower.on further inspection ive noticed the tanking paint and webbing tape has come away from the base of the shower tray..can anyone please help me source the tanking paint used or equivalent so as i can stick the webbing back down..thank for any help

C

conceptceramics

deffinatly weigh down the tray first, i always use silicone with microban in wet areas, microban protects against mould mildew and fights bacteria, always a better option than standard silicone, try window fitting outlets for it or on the internet, bit more expensive than normal but it will last twice as long, dunlop do a silicone with microban...Dunlop adhesives and sealants or check out the evrbuild web site, u can get the one i use, its called forever white, check them out at everbuild.co.uk, this will be better tham the dunlop version.

Reply to tanking paint in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, all I have just finished my wetroom and tanked all areas, to my understanding because this...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
tanking paint
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.