Discuss Tanking questions in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Meek

Hello everyone

Our bathroom has a bath with a shower mixer tap. Unfortunately the bathroom floor's been overlaid with ply (sealed on back and sides with acrylic primer) and tiled without tanking. Would this be a problem in a room with a bath rather than a shower tray? Would moisture still potentially wreck the ply even though the back and sides of the ply have been primed? If so, I might get the tiler to grout the floor with epoxy to minimise any potential probs.

Also, how should I go about tanking the walls around the bath using a tape and liquid primer (weber.sys protect) - should the tape go on the bath lip like it does on a shower? There's a window above the bath, should that be tanked and taped too?

Thanks for any help

oops, thanks for moving the post to the right forum!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Tanking questions in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
I am sure someone will know a good practice solution. We started a wetroom last year and then...
Replies
Views
Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster. I’ve recently moved in to a new build property...
Replies
Views
This is a proper newbie question. I've tried to find the answer already provided on the forum...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Tanking questions
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks