Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Tarmacing? How much in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mikebidd

Iv decided for a couple off reasons too tarmac my backgarden in order too put a car or on. And it will be easier for the dogs.

It has those big "council" concrete slabs down at the moment and ill be lifting these.

But i have no idea about tarmacing and ill try and keep the cost down as much as i can by doing aas much off the prep work as i can im assuming this means digging it out so its level.

Does anybody have any idea how much they charge? by m2 or wat ever

D

davy_G

If you are using it for dogs then a concrete slab would be better... you can power wash concrete but if you do it to tarmac it will destroy it.. and tarmac will be hard to keep clean from dog muck and pee etc.

Seal the tarmac with a special cold tar and sharp sand mix. Leaves a very hard finish if applied in the right weather conditions. Comes in pre-mixed and is expensive.

Will get you a price for ex-plant for base coat and finish later. My dad works in our local quarry which has a tar plant.

W

White Room

There would prep work but the printed concrete would be laid in a day, then the surface would need to sealed and control joints incorporated.

We done a job for a guy who done tarmacing big time and done his own drive, the tarmac was causing problems and had started to lift and it was done by the book.

Seen a few drives we had done many years ago and they are still good but the surface colour has started to wear but the materials are far better now than we done it.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mikebidd

Been ringing about for quotes today. I have one on my hammer from a company in bradford whish is 475 inc hardcore etc. BUT i rang in and the bloke can hardly speak english and the website for the firm says kitchen fitting! So iv sort off ruled him out.

Next was a company down the road who said it would take over 6 tons off tarmac @ over 100 pound a ton then labour etc etc So hes ruled out.

I dont want me ending up on cowboy builders lol

Reply to Tarmacing? How much in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

O
    • Winner
    • Funny
This is how I got covered in Celotex dust in the image from Simons post. It wasn’t much fun...
Replies
Views
Waluigi
W
D
How to drill a hole in a steel bath. At 365Drills we provide either the equipment you need or...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
O
well if you're like me, prob not!, my quest for the perfect knee pad continues. I spend an...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
Blunt Tool
B
R
hi there I'm not a tiler but my partner is (24 years in the trade). My partner has recently...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Tarmacing? How much
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.