Discuss Tarvertine/Biscem/Prevosil - Grout Residue in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

BenTrav

Hi everyone,

I've NEARLY finshed tiling my bathroom....200x200 honed & filled Travertine on walls & 400x400 on the floor, about 30 msq in total. I used Biscem Stone-Flex Rapid Adhesive.

Tiles have been sealed with Prevosil Wet prior to grouting - I've used Biscem Limstone grout for the walls and Dunlop limestone for the floor (supplier stopped stocking Biscem).
I thought we'd managed to clean the tiles off ready to re-seal but there is still alot of grout residue - I spent 5 long hours with a bucket of water and tiling sponge/scourer but still quite Matt with some fine layers in places.

Having just about managed to stop myself sealing them again I wanted to ask what the best course of action would be - have seen some posts advising to use 400 wet'n'dry and some to use Grimex but I'm also wary of scratching the surface or having some kind of reaction with the sealant.

(silly qustion but presumably you sand lightly wet, then again dry?)

Could anyone advise?

Many Thanks,

Ben

Reply to Tarvertine/Biscem/Prevosil - Grout Residue in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Hey all, New to the forum so go easy ;) I've finished tiling my bathroom floor with honed...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi all. After living in my property for over 7 years I've recently discovered the type of tile...
Replies
Views
I was hoping for some advice. I have large white tiles in my kitchen who a friend laid. I was...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Tarvertine/Biscem/Prevosil - Grout Residue
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.