Discuss Tech these days in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
O

Old Mod

But of course I would Dan! .......
Or here if I don't want to spend any money! :D
image.jpeg

A

Aston

to much new technology ,added to tiling ,old school guys never had all this and no problems ,just adds money to the jobs ,still needs doing correct ,but to much lol

We live in a 'tech' world now.
We like science, evidence and facts rather than 'hear say'

Don't get me wrong, old school hand skills and certain methods are still the best BUT we live in a fast, disposable world now where blame and accountability govern.

I find it easier to accept and adapt these days, it works for me.

M

MW Smith Ceramics

Previously I have looked down with disdain at those Loch Boy's, until the other day I needed a hole drilled in a tile and my hole cutters were in the van, so I was looking at a 1/4 mile walk down multiple flights of stairs and up a steep grassy bank back to the van on an airless sunny day...........until another tiler onsite mentioned he had a Lochboy
Never been so happy to see Oldschool:D
They used to be the dogs ******** with the old pin hammer!....back in the day of course!:laughing:

M

MW Smith Ceramics

I started 15 years ago and all we ever tool into a job was a rubi ts 40 in the box of the cutter was all the tools u needed and small portable wetsaw Plasplug if I remember rightly and a couple of levels
same as Kyle, all tools in me Rubi box & a couple of buckets for grouting:grinning:.......not any more eh muck!......it's a palava just setting up and packing up everyday with all the kit we have now!!!

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Widnes
same as Kyle, all tools in me Rubi box & a couple of buckets for grouting:grinning:.......not any more eh muck!......it's a palava just setting up and packing up everyday with all the kit we have now!!!
It was so simple back then and these days I struggle to fit all the gear u need into a combo van ohhh how it's changed

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tech these days in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have the old stock no more ply down unprimed. (Their new stock comes pre-primed). Mapei...
Replies
Views
Shower Tile Repair - Tile Waterproofing in Brownstown MI. Schluter wet room conversion 24h...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB