UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Terracotta tiles, help in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

city fan

Hi all, i am on a job at the moment 24mtrs of 300/300 terracotta tiles with a corner cut of for a insert glassed tile.I have put 10mm backer brds down and ufh on top.My problem is that the tiles got deliverd pm today and they are hand made and not one tile is the same size worse still is that the tiles are not flat.They are oprox 5/6mm bow across the tile.I am worried about what the finnished job will look like as the grout line is at least 10/15mm.Any help would be good!:frown5:

ah but dave it does not matter whitch or what tile it is when you have been in the job for forty years you have not only fixed a lot of tiles but you tend to get afeel for what looks right and what doesnt it is up to the customer what they want at the end of the day we are only here to advise with a wealth of experience terracotta might i say is a tile that i have fixed many times over but is only my opinion

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Terracotta tiles, help in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

D
Hi all, I'm a keen DIYer and about to embark on my first major tiling job, I've done a few bits...
Replies
Views
R
I had a long running project in two rooms using an italian porcelain tile from Gambarelli. It...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
L
Having trawled through the internet i have stumbled across this forum and was wondering if...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, we are fairly desperate at out condo to get our common area flooring revamped. Right now...
Replies
Views
anthony123
A
P
Hi all Got a concrete floor to tile just wondering if somebody could help me out with the prep...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Terracotta tiles, help
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.