Discuss Thank goodness not all customers are this stupid. Tiling a bathroom requires effort. in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 1779

Tiling a bathroom requires a bit of human effort. It needs for each of us to get up off the sofa. Get out of the house and pick things.
To get supplies. To collect itmes.

So Now have a look at this Paypal dispute over a set of tile drills.....
----------------------------
21/07/2011 21:40 BST - Buyer: I have yet to receive these items.

-----------
23/07/2011 09:13 BST - Seller: We have tried to deliver your item from our DERBY Delivery Office before 14:51 on 13/07/11 and we have left a while you were out card. You can arrange a redelivery online, call the number on your card to arrange a re-delivery, or collect the item from your local enquiry office by bringing your card and proof of identification and address. http://track.royalmail.com/ AH 9804 8702 8GB TRACKING NUMBER
-----------
23/07/2011 09:14 BST - Seller: Above is the message from the post office. Hopefully you can get in touch with them to either collect or arrange delivery
-----------
23/07/2011 09:17 BST - Seller: It might be worth pointing out that the easiest way (for you) to check progress of order is to email us, rather than open a Paypal dispute. Done that way we can respond quickly with tracking details etc. Plus it will save you having to go into paypal to open the dispute, handle it, and close it. Obviously as a supplier it is the same for us. It is quicker to respond to an email than to login to Paypal and use this system
-----------
23/07/2011 13:42 BST - Buyer: You have not explained why i have not received this item?
-----------
23/07/2011 18:23 BST - Seller: As mentioned above the post office have tried to deliver the item. You need to contact the branch to arrange a new delivery time or to collect the goods. You must tell them the tracking number: AH 9804 8702 8GB The Post Office that have the goods is: DERBY
----------
26/07/2011 07:34 BST - Seller: How are you getting on with this? On Monday did you contact Derby post office to arrange delivery of the parcel. Or collect it. It is Tuesday.
----------
26/07/2011 19:07 BST - Buyer: i contacted the post office and they said it's being sent back to you. why is this?!
----------
26/07/2011 19:39 BST - Seller: The reason they are now sending them back is because you took too long to go and get them. We kept telling you to go and get them and you did nothing. What are they supposed to do? Put it this way they tried to deliver them to you on the 13th of July and you finally make the effort to contact them on the 27th July. TEN DAYS LATER despite our constant messages to you here to do something
---------
27/07/2011 13:48 BST - Buyer: Being continually rude and unhelpful.
---------
27/07/2011 13:49 BST - PayPal: Buyer escalated this dispute to a Claim.

Grrrrrr

365drills_pack.jpg

D

Deleted member 1779

Re: Thank goodness not all customers are this stupid. Tiling a bathroom requires eff

At least there is some sanity over at
paypal_logo.gif

Dear 365 Drills,

PayPal has concluded our investigation of the following Buyer Complaint:

Buyer's name: *******************
Buyer's email: info@**********.co.uk
Transaction ID: 4YE07481******P

Transaction date: 8 Jul 2011
Transaction amount: 54.99 GBP
Invoice ID: RC101******
Your transaction ID: 8MH14****200001E
Case number: PP-001-***-802-**7

Thank you for providing the requested information in a timely manner.

The claim has been closed in your favour.

Thank you again for your cooperation with our investigation.

Yours sincerely,

Rant OVER !!

D

Deleted member 1779

Re: Thank goodness not all customers are this stupid. Tiling a bathroom requires eff

Cheers. What galls me is the NUMBER OF WORDS we used to communicate with this buyer. We set it all out in black and white.
We hand held him through the process.

But the bottom line is that he couldnt get off his **** to go get them.

My gut feeling is that the tiler turned up with his own set and he probably though it was easier to let the post office send them back than say "I dont want them".

If he had said "I dont want them" within seven days then the distance selling regs state WE MUST REFUND HIM providing he sends them back.

Now he has
1) No goods
2) No money.

So how has he helped himself? At least the system works eh!!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Thank goodness not all customers are this stupid. Tiling a bathroom requires effort. in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

G
Its no secret that I can be hard to please when getting service from other companies I use. So...
Replies
Views
D
How to drill a hole in a steel bath. At 365Drills we provide either the equipment you need or...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
M
Hi everyone, I'm sitting here at my computer AGAIN, with nothing more to do than think about...
Replies
Views
brundlefly
B
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB