UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

• Thread starter Yorkshire Tiling Services
  • Start date
  • Replies 6
  • Views 167
  • Tags
    usa

Discuss The Deep web in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Y

Yorkshire Tiling Services

Did not know that it existed until today, amazed at how big the web is.. search engines only scratch the surface of what is out there... downloaded the TOR add on for Firefox. Had a look at the Hidden WIKI, the silk road and a great resource for PDF books and written documents.
Some really dodgy stuff on there as well.
Quite fascinating

Inside The Deep Web: My Journey Through The New Underground | The News Junkie

Anyone else familiar with it ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Y

Yorkshire Tiling Services

I understand that in some countries that this is the only way they can communicate freely thrtough the internet, due to censorship etc. The only downside of Tor and other annoymous servers is that peadophiles use it to communicate and view and distribute images etc. The debate on there is split as to if this should be allowed and tolerated.If the service is there to promote a free web, then how can it be censored. I totally disagree that they should be allowed to trade their wares anywhere.
One group of hackers "annonymous" has been trying to sabbotage certain sites and have posted IP addresses of offenders, this was called operation darknet.. I have seen the list of IP addresses.

Hacker group Anonymous publishes internet addresses of 190 paedophiles in hi-tech 'sting' | Mail Online

A very murky world, it seems to have it's pro's and cons. Can be used for both good and evil. Would be a shame if TOR was shut down as many would cease to be able to communicate freely for the "good" . The evil will always be there, and no doubt they will get found out eventually.
Big brother is watching all of us.. our privacy is at risk, even if we are doing no wrong.I do not like the fact that we as the general public have less and less privacy nowadays. Cameras track our every move,credit and debit card payments and mobile phones leave a trail. However governments and agencies try their best to be private and keep information from us.
I do have an un registered pay as you go phone and also a safe mail e mail address.. not because I am doing anything wrong, but because I want to keep my privacy.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
You can't keep your privacy that easy when you're running a business that gains business out of the net. People can even just call you up if they wanted to.

Never heard of TOR but sounds like its good that I haven't! If I wanted to speak to somebody on the other side of the censorship for whatever reason, I'd give them a bell like in the good old days.

Questions have to be asked as to why you would want to use such a service at all, even if for good, when you can just BBM somebody or whatever.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to The Deep web in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

T
There has been more major inventions came from the Scots than any other country in the World...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
The Deep web
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.