UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss The dreaded B&Q polished porcelain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

lmkitchens

Hi folks! Been asked to do a bathroom, the customer has decided they like the 300 x 300 square beige B&Q polished porcelain tile. I have advised they arent brilliant but they havent seen others they like.

I've priced up for white Mapei Keraquick addy, Mapei tanking kit for the shower and the relevant Mapei grout.

3 of the 4 walls are studded, I have advised renewing plasterboard as you cannot say how "decent" the original is. Having said this I was questioning if that would be adequaite for the weight of the tiles. I believe it would be, just.

Finally, I am also led to believe the tiles requite sealing prior to fixing and after, any experiences with these? What issues have we had?

The customer is adamant that "I am the guy" whom he wants to do the work after doing work on his kitchen, I ahve warned him I wont be as quick as a proferssional tiler but with the correct prep he will get a decent job!

Thanks alot guys!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to The dreaded B&Q polished porcelain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Advice Hi guys, got some 60cmx60cm porcelain tiles to lay in a hallway with a modular pattern...
Replies
Views
hats67 - Yesterday at 11:48 PM Add bookmark #1 Hello guys. I came upon and registered with...
Replies
Views
Hello guys. I came upon and registered with this forum while doing some research on decoupling...
Replies
Views
I have been researching this for days and need some help. My garage has a concrete floor. I live...
Replies
Views
Can anyone suggest how I might find some of these (or something very similar from another...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.