Discuss the forums gone all slow again in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

Coming up..... :) well done :thumbsup:
cheerleader2.gif
cheerleader2.gif

cheerleader2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
lol

This always happens when one person reports this on the forums. This could go on for months now.

Last week we had a slow forum, due to some software we use lagging us out (as their servers crashed... we've disabled the software and wont be using it again), and it lasted from around 1pm to 7pm. The problem resulted in slow loading of page changes (so when you go from topic to topic, or use the 'new posts' button which runs a search) and slow replies (so when you fill in a box and hit send, it lagged). Then the other day, a couple of days later, we had another issue which was caused by Microsoft changing their methods in which we submit sitemap feeds to them, so we don't feed sitemaps to them now. That resulted in just general forum lag, so doing everything, but was only during the time the script ran its tasks (and sent info to bing.com), which was intermittent.

Since then, the forum hasn't relied on external server processing and runs at 100% speed that it should (as it did during the outage but it the forum did rely on external processing then) and nobody should find a single problem with it.

If you are; it's your end. Though it may be caused still by our outages. If that's the case, you need to clear your DNS cache. Which is basically your computer taking a bit of a copy of the forum, and then when you next visit it, the forum (or any website) should load quicker etc. Though if your computer took a 'cache' during the outage you'd find issues with that copy.

So to clear that out do this: clear dns cache - Google Search
I've linked to Google as it covers a wide range of computers and software version. Though most windows should be covered in the top natural result (so not the adverts that may appear above the results from time to time).

Though all our forums are running at 100% and we've got no issues.

Reply to the forums gone all slow again in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all I’m new to this forum, the reason for me joining is I’m keen to train to gain city and...
Replies
Views
UK Tiling Forum Welcome to the UK Tiling Forum. Here at TilersForums.com we have hosted a place...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As title suggests. Used to use this forum a while back but seems my account was deleted...
Replies
Views
Norcros sells Johnson Tiles UK Bathroom and kitchen products provider Norcros has finalised the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, My name is Bill. I have registered on the Tilers Forum in order to try to locate...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Andy Allen

Esteemed
Arms
TF
Gloucester

Thread Information

Title
the forums gone all slow again
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks