Guest viewing is limited

Recommended Tile Suppliers

We recommend a couple of tile suppliers, Topps Tiles and Tile Giant.

They supply good adhesive brands and provide trade discounts for genuine tilers.

Discuss The importance of Reference Customers ? in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com.

P

Polished

Just some thoughts especially for anyone starting out. What does it mean to your business to have customers you can activley reference when trying to get a job ?

In my line of work in IT it's fundamental to have customers you can reference when trying to win new business, we all buy or hire based word of mouth and other peoples experiences a good job might get you 3-4 other jobs a bad job might loose you 12 jobs.

In the current climate and as Dave pointed out for people to get out there and market themselves - how important is it to you to have customers you can rely on to spread the good news about your talents?

B

brian c

Simple...if people are happy with your work,tidyness,punctuality etc then they will give you a reco.However if you are messy and do a not so good job and then they arent ,are they...at the end of the day you cant force anyone to recommend you..but keeping good relations with your customers and doing the little extras like fitting towel rails,soap dishes ,toilet roll holders etc ..goes a long,long way...what i have found anyway.I try and be as helpful as possible.

P

Polished

Tiling for me is a do it for myself thing, IT is the day job. It's just in my line of work and I can't see it being very different for any trade being able to say to someone " I did a job for xxxx down the road, and they were very happy with it, if you like I could ask *** if it would be ok for you to contact *** them if you would like someone's opinion of my work..." Of course you would have cleared this with them beforehand etc. Just a thought it costs nothing to ask and for the most part many people are happy to do so as long as they are not plagued :) but it might be the difference between getting a job or not. coming at this from the 'customer side' when I get someone to do something for me - I ask others whom I trust who they would recommend, and then I get them to come price and if they have examples of work they have done or if they have done work for anyone in the locality

Last edited by a moderator:
C

cornish_crofter

When I finish a job I ask the customer for permission to take photos to show other clients. This way potential customers can see the quality of my work without having to contact a previous customer.

One conservatory company I get stuff from sometimes has a book of letters on their counter. These are all written by satisfied customers to thank the company for their work.

In your field it maybe perhaps a little difficult at times to solicit complements, and what can you take photos of? But you IT people are good at lateral thinking :yes:

D

Daz

The job I start next week, the customer asked if I could provide 2 references. He wanted to go and look at the work, not just photos. Luckily I have quite a few customers that have said to me that if I ever need to provide a reference, that they would be happy to do so. So a few phone calls later and a lot of kind words spoken and I booked 2 bathrooms in :yes:.

Reference customers are very important IMO.

M

marc1106

Being a kitchen fitter who has no showroom it is VITAL that my clients refer me and they are al happy to speak to prospective clients about me and the guys and also have had clients say "just bring em round, so they can see for themselves" which is not ony good for business but also gives me a buzz to know that they are THAT happy with the finished product!
So referals are pretty much gaurunteed work! so those clients who wll should and do get(from me) a bottle of chablis every XMAS :45:

Reply to The importance of Reference Customers ? in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views

Tile Buying Popular Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
The importance of Reference Customers ?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond