UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss The Nightmare Before Christmas... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rich

As everybody else I have been very busy for the last few months and Im very happy with the load of work that we have got done. We decided that we would give ourselves a decent amount of time off over Xmas. Tue (yesterday) was going to be our last day so we have been finishing up all our loose ends. In particular we have been trying to get the big job to a point where we will not be holding anybody up if we finish work. All we had to do was one wall in a WC so that the plumber could get his toilet back. As I was tiling this, the guy in charge asked me if I could just silicone between the floor and the walls in the bathroom so as he could get his bath fitted (free standing jobby), no problem. Get it up to speed and say merry Xmas and we will be back in the new year. Then we hit the pub for our Xmas do...

4 hours later get a voicemail from the builder, not very happy as there is a penalty clause on this job and it has to be finish by Xmas. Nobody told us this. I have just given him a ring to ask why we had not been told and it turns out that the guy in charge of the site had told him that we just left, he asked us to finish the site but we just walked off!!

So now I have to go to work at 5pm tonight and work my evening with a minging hang over... Bah Humbug!

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Right! After working last night i am now finish for xmas... Again. Got the job wrapped up and had it out with the builder who is very unhappy with the pratt who was left in charge.

At least we got it sorted and got some brownie points as well.

Was that in the form of filthy lucre?

R

Rich

Had the day to finish the Xmas shopping and get everything wrapped up today. Got the shopping done in the pouring rain then went to tesco on the way home for wrapping paper and ribbon and all that stuff. I live in a small retirement village, I have never seen so many People in one shop before, it looked like the attack of the zombies!

So I battled my way through the shop and got that done as well. Got me some bad *** wrapping paper with monsters on!
Walking back to the van when the heavens OPENED. Ran from the van to my front door with my head down and color up, getting soaked to the bone in the process. I didnt see the bramble bush until I ran into it. Got into the house with scratched face and hands and muttering some naughty words.

After making a cuppa and getting some dry cloths on I sit down to wrap all the presents that I couldn't afford to buy when I notice that I am missing my bad *** monster wrapping paper... Look out the window and there it is in the road turning to mush.

Looks like i will be scrapping with the zombies tomorrow as well... Bah humbug.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to The Nightmare Before Christmas... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Morning all. Dan asked me to post up a thread about our training centre which he can then use...
Replies
Views
L
I would like some advise. We booked a tiler for a new build with quite a lot of work to be done...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
The Nightmare Before Christmas...
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.