Discuss the numpties guide to tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mikethetile

with the number of numpties thinking any old fool can tile I thought I would assist them with a guide to the terms we use

tiling gear

wear something old and comfortable as theres a lot of bending and reaching in tiling plus you will get grubby

setting out

very important to get this right, so when setting out in the morning make sure you have your wallet. phone,paper, flask and some sarnies. choccie biccies are always a good idea

using addy

great idea ,give him a bell and pick him up in the morning

fixing tiles

dont bother, if they are broken take them back for a refund

cutting tiles

score and break is a good way , a break being usefull to enjoy the drugs youve just scored

grouting joints

not reccomended as it makes them difficult to smoke

polishing off

do this at home time, polish off the tea and bicciess your client has been good enough to supply before heading off to the bookies to place a bet on the 2.30 at ascot
and a well earned drink in the pub

cleaning up

you will

as theres one born every minute

D

DHTiling

MSN-Emoticon-laughing-127.gif

Reply to the numpties guide to tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

We've got some nice looking porcelain tiles, made by foshan viewgres. They're 600x400. My...
Replies
Views
Q
    • Winner
    • Informative
So I was recently asked to fit some 3m x 1.5m 6mm thin porcelain in a new tile showroom. Mapei &...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
hi everyone, long time lurker but first post here Building some new toilets at work so the old...
Replies
Views
A
Hi everyone. Apologies in advance if this post is a little long winded. Couple of years ago, a...
Replies
Views
WetSaw
W
R
Started a wet room this week normally I use mosaics on the tray but they don't do a matching one...
Replies
Views
bcd-87
B

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
the numpties guide to tiling
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.