Guest viewing is limited

Discuss The perils of ready mixed adhesive. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

hitbit

Hi and thanks for the reply.
Will take your advice and avoid Unibond ready made adhesives. I did leave an expansion joint between the wood and concrete.
The floor area is 18 sq yards. approx 15 is concrete and 3 locked down 18mm marine ply which has been in place for approx 8 years. The area has never suffered from any dampness whatsoever. The area was very uneven as it was originally 3 small rooms with dividing walls which I have now removed. I have covered the whole area with a latex based leveller which has removed most of the unevenness but there are a couple of spots which would need more than 3mm of adhesive. The tiles I intend to use are ceramic 450mm x 450mm. I am here in Dublin Ireland and so do not have access to anything like the huge range of products available in the United Kingdom. B and Q here do stock some Unibond products so I would welcome your advise on their powered ones as Unibonds website is very poor offering little or no advice on their products or how to use them. There are suppliers of BAL products and again I would appreciate your advice regarding same.
I have successfully tiled walls in the past using much smaller tiles and ready mixed adhesives but would really like the experience/satisfaction of tiling this floor myself. I really appreciate your taking the time to help me with same.

Martin

D

diamondtiling

Hello Newbie here.

Perils of ready mixed very interesting indeed. I would appreciate any suggestions/help with the following. I intend to lay 450mm x 450mm ceramic floor tiles on a mixed surface of concrete and timber both of which have been covered with a layer of self levelling compound. I have been told tyhat I will still need to use a flexible adhesive over the timber. Is there a powder adhesive which can be used over both surfaces. Would Unibond Tile On Floors all purp[ose adhesive be suitable.

Thanks
hitbit

Answered in your other post.

:thumbsup:

Reply to The perils of ready mixed adhesive. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
The perils of ready mixed adhesive.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.