Discuss The Plasterers Strike Again in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Widnes
20160706_150858.jpg

T

Time's Ran Out

I don't know why 'Tilers' complain so much about the state of walls!
If it's a floor we jump with joy that we can earn a few bob more for levelling.
If you've learnt your trade you should be able to make a professional job of the finished tiling but then again if it was easy everyone would do it themselves - after all tiling is just a DIY job to most!

I

Italy

If you've learnt your trade you should be able to make a professional job of the finished tiling but then again if it was easy everyone would do it themselves - after all tiling is just a DIY job to most!
after all tiling is just a DIY job to most!.............( I puzzled......)

H

hmtiling

I think i'd be complaining too if someone has been paid to plaster like that. I'd certainly be charging extra to rectify it.

S

Spud

I dont moan about it I just show the client/ builder how rough they are and explain that his plasterer has just cost him an extra few hundred pounds and he will need to ring the follow on trades and explain there will be a delay to the job, it never goes down well and if they get too funny about it I just pack up my gear and say just call me when you decide who is straightening the walls me or the guy you already paid to do it

A

Aston

Now when I write this, I haven't got my plastering head on or my tilers head on, I've got my common sense head on!

I always shake my head with bemusement when I read these type of threads because as TJ say's ''competent'' tilers, should possess the ability to deal with floor AND wall preparation. AND if you were capable of doing your own sub prep to a good professional standard, then surely you would see this as an ''OPPORTUNITY'' to make money, rather than an obstacle because you can't do it and as a result the job takes you longer??

So, if you are complaining and you can't do what your trade states you should be able to do, then maybe you need to assess your self before you critisise others with flippancy or ignorance. (its a fair point?)

ps, if a wall has been plastered to that standard, then they are obviously not a professional plasterer but surely you must know that, shouldn't you???

There's good and bad in every trade, but if you are regular working at the bottom end, then there's a good chance you are only going to come across are the bottom end workers??

As my grandad used to say, keep working on yourself son and don't worry about what anybody else is doing.

Oh and my grandmother used to say, never be a ***** or a snitch!! She told me that when I visited her in prison ;0) Just kiddin, just kidding

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to The Plasterers Strike Again in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Plasterers Forum <p>There’s a Plasterers Forum online that has been the main one for years now...
Replies
Views
Some helpful advice/opinion would be appreciated... Existing tiles on walls, some of the walls...
Replies
Views
Seems alot of talk that 20kg per mtr2 is the max weight limit for plaster. Few questions 1. its...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’ve just crossed over from the plumbers forum for some tiling advice as I’m in the process...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB