UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss The right choice of tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

sasik

I am about to tile over a Showerlay (low profile shower base). The size of the shower base is 1200 x 1200 with pre-form fall to the waste. This is an off-centre waste with pre-form fall.
I would like to know what is the best size tile for the task, or maybe mosaic tile are a better. This is the first time I am tiling this kind of shower base so I am trying to keep it simple.

kind rigards

M

Mike Mike

I don't EXACTLY where that off-centre waste is, so if by "I am trying to keep it simple" you mean you don't want any cuts butting up to the waste then you need to measure up and decide what size tiles would suit the layout of the tray and the positioning of the waste. Might be mosaic, or 10 x 10, or bigger. You can set any size tiles in there, 600 x 600 with an envelope cut if you want.

As Henry Ford once said. "If you think you can, or you think you can't, you are right".

M

Mike Mike

untitled.JPG With 100 x 100 tiles (or anything larger) you will have cuts round the waste.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to The right choice of tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.