Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss The Rubi Ti-s tile cutters. in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

J

jwatson

i have one of therse tile cutters and after a bit of practice it is a good machine.really usefull for cutting porcelain and the breaker bar is good aslong as u dont push too hard on smaller tiles. ive found nice steady knocks with the back of your hand works realy well.
i personally would advise getting a ts40 or equivilant as well as this machine (ti-66s) because this machine can be a little too big in a small bathroom/kitchen a rubi ts is great for more presice cutting as the obstruction of the scoring wheel on this cutter can be a little time comsuming.
i have heard good reviews about a sigma which looks like this one, a little more money but i like the idea of the moving bar at the top being made half of a strong plastic and steel, which would be a bit more lighter and it also half can be folded away when not in use

T

TTT

Firstly the rubi ripped off the design from the monti's and the sigmas and by the sounds of it didnt do it too well so your statement should say the rubi looks like the sigma. Secondly the sigma is made out of aluminum not plastic this makes it twice as light as the rubis and thirdly the sigmas cost less then the rubis you need to look long and hard granted as not many people supply them but when youve got that grade 5 riven porcs to chop youll be glad you brought a sigma! also ive said this before somewhere else go on you tube and look at the videos of rubis being used all they do is cut a tile in half then watch the videos of the sigmas they cut a small piece off the edge of a tile and then they usually cut this in half even with the cutter thats 145cm long!!

Reply to The Rubi Ti-s tile cutters. in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I need a tile cutter gor 600x600 Italian porcelain and am close to pulling the trigger on the...
Replies
Views
For sale this 1yr old Rubi tile cutter with 2 cutting wheels and cleaning kit Overseas move...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
Hello. I’m about to do a patio around a pool outside. I’ve been looking at manual scribe and...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Tiling my bathroom first time and going well so far! 600x300 ceramics on walls and...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
The Rubi Ti-s tile cutters.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • BAL

Votes: 27 31.0%