Discuss The subject of expansion in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

one of the probs i get a-lot is companies /individuals all in a rush to finish the job, not wanting to wait for curing times and build in provision for expansion ,OK i can offer fast track render/screed systems but it all costs a LOT -MORE CASH then they don't want to pay,well i have to balance this with taking the job and feeding my family or not, ! which is wrong IMO by putting the own-us on us !it should be written in LAW that it is the duty of the person commissioning the work IMO ,thus reliving us of the legal obligation .......

T

True Tiling

Get a solicitor to draw up a disclaimer for you (£20), stating that the job has not been carried out as you wanted originally (with all your above issues) and make the customer aware of it at the start, and then make them sign it at the end of the job. I've never done it, but it sounds like you are dealing with big areas, and it would be advisable to cover your back, as they won't hesitate to blame you should anything go wrong...

Reply to The subject of expansion in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
The subject of expansion
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.