Discuss There's more than one in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

SandyFloor

There was a documentary on holiday complaints a while ago, and one of the holiday makers armed with a camera actually stated on film 'that he didn't consider that he'd had a good holiday, if he didn't manage to get all his money back when he returned!' What sort of people are they.

They are the same people who would get people like us in to do a job and then look for a reason to not pay. They are the type of people who would claim you were responsible for the stain on their carpet and force a claim on your insurance ....crooks in my opinion. A mate of mine had a bathroom company and some complaints were ridiculous.

He caught one couple out on the carpet stain one as he'd taken a photo of it before the job had started and there was no way they couldn't have known about it. Another woman complained because her cat was upset. One couple complained about me because I used their basin to wet a cloth.

Although I think the ones on that list are just a bit fick.

D

doit4u

This has reminded me about some stories of my fathers. He was a building surveyor for the council and in the 1960s was managing contracts for updating pre war council houses.

The work was to update the bathrooms, toilets and associated plumbing and install backboilers to provide hot water. Also any rooms where the decorations had been distrubuted were redecorated.

In one property there was a minor problem with smoke blowing back from the fire so he arrange for a cowl to be put on the chimney pot. This cured the problem. However the next door neighbour asked to have the same on her house {presumably she thought she was missing out}

My father could not find any evidence of a problem and refused. She subsequently compalined and said she couldn't lite the fire and whenever he arranged to visit the fire was out. He caught her out one Saturday when he was on the way to the library and saw smoke coming from the chimney, so he stopped and knocked the door. She didn't complain after that.

Another tenant chased my father down the street one day to complain about the damage the contractors had done. My father went to look. The complaint was that the plastic toilet roll holder had been cracked. Never a man of great patience he gave the man 1/6d and told him to go and buy a new one at Woolworths.

But the all time classic was a tenant who complained about the work the electricians had done. My father was shown to the toilet but said he couldn't see anything wrong. The tenant talked to him as though he was being thick {never a good plan with my dad} as he said the problem was obvious. My father said he still couldn't see anything wrong. The complaint was that the electricians had left the pull cord on the light switch too long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to There's more than one in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views
T
When looking at the opportunity to work in the USA, it's obvious that we here in Britain have it...
Replies
Views
O
well if you're like me, prob not!, my quest for the perfect knee pad continues. I spend an...
2 3
Replies
Views
Blunt Tool
B
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
J
Just been up to start a new job today. never been to Norfolk before . been worrying about the...
Replies
Views
jonnyc
J

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
There's more than one
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.