UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Thermal values?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Hey guys and girls,

Quick question/advice. Someone has attempted to convert our garage in the past but didn't do anything with the floor (except lay carpet over the concrete) and the partition wall that "hides" the garage door has no insulation in it either.
I want to use the room as an office/playroom for my boys. I was going to secure a timber frame to the concrete floor and either chipboard or ply over the top. Don't worry, it's laminate going back down not tiles ;) I'm looking at various types of insulation to go between the framework of the floor. Is kingspan thermafloor or other equivilant what i should be looking at? Or would polystyrene sheet be ok?

I don't really want to spend a fortune as it's a rented house, we may buy it in the future from our landlord though so want it all to be right. I'm getting fed up of working from the kitchen table and need an office space. As the latest addition to our family has taken the spare room i'm moving into the garage. It's big enough for my office area and a play room (playroom is essential with 3 boys under 5!). Because the kids will spend time in there i want it warm, dry, free from damp etc.

Anyone got any advice for me?

I

Ian

Here are a few pics of a job I was on last year, 50mm insulation set in a frame then it was overboarded with 22mm chip board. DPM under it all as well.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338835496.398339.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338835543.887185.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338835715.270438.jpg

Walls were done the same way then plasterboarded over, 'twas very toasty in there when we were done!

Sent via Tapatalk for iPhone

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Thermal values?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I'm looking to tile the entirety of our small patio area with either brick slips or...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, With a kitchen renovation, Mrs choose the white mirror quartz floor tiles from a...
Replies
Views
I’m tiling a ground floor of a house approx 120m through a ground floor with 5 doorways in the...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.