UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss thin thermal insulation under stone tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

AJH

I've got an uninsulated concrete floor in my kitchen which I want to have Travertine tiles laid over, the tiles will continue into an extension which has an insulated slab with the same FFL I'm wondering if there is an ultra thin insulating material that can be put between the uninsulated concrete and the tiles. I'm thinking that 4mm exterior ply would give some thermal break if it was stuck to the concrete but would this cause problems with the travertine do you think?

AJ

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to thin thermal insulation under stone tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Friendly
I'm going to be installing Marmox multi boards, on two (internal walls) I'll use 4mm, just so I...
Replies
Views
I’m continuing to lift tiles on my dot & dabbed kitchen floor over retofit ufh. i thought I’d...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I’m ripping out a failed existing tiled floor. Tiles had not been back buttered so...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.