Discuss Thineer slate. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374768500.385391.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374768634.402185.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374768658.568173.jpg

These are only samples (off cuts)

The sheets come in 1200x600 roughly

The Bal rep had tiled the circular shower cubicle on top of glass mosaics to show what you can do with them.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

oh dear i hope this is not the same stuff from india i was offered over a year a go .i sent it to ceram for testing and got a 200 page report back .a will give you a sample of these .
the sample combusted readily to produce carbon dioxide with some aliphatic and aromatic compounds also present matches were found for dioxanes and dioxolanes which are heterocyclic compounds. the main aromatic species found were benzene.toluene. styrene. and naphthalene some derivatives of these compounds were also seen a match for fluorene was seen at 20.9 minutes
hazards identification
potential acute health effects
hazardouse in case of skin contact (irritant permeator ) of eye contact (irritant)of ingestion of inhalation (lung irritant)
potential chronic health effects
carcinogenic effects not avaiiable mutagenic effects mutagenic for bacteriar and or yeast/teratogenic effects classifield possible for human developmental toxicty not available the substance may be toxic to gastrointestinal tract upper respiratory tract skin eyes central nervous system cns repeated or prolononged exsposure to the substance can produce target organ damage
this is only a small part of that report and the other other compounds found are carcinogenic .they give me a report when they where trying to sell me this but when my pa touch it she was getting rashes so i sent it off for a full report told them this product need to be made with a high fire retardent and needed to be fully sealed and there report did not match mine .have not herd back since hope this is not the same one and they have had this tested indepedley

gamma38

TF
Bedford
oh dear i hope this is not the same stuff from india i was offered over a year a go .i sent it to ceram for testing and got a 200 page report back .a will give you a sample of these .
the sample combusted readily to produce carbon dioxide with some aliphatic and aromatic compounds also present matches were found for dioxanes and dioxolanes which are heterocyclic compounds. the main aromatic species found were benzene.toluene. styrene. and naphthalene some derivatives of these compounds were also seen a match for fluorene was seen at 20.9 minutes
hazards identification
potential acute health effects
hazardouse in case of skin contact (irritant permeator ) of eye contact (irritant)of ingestion of inhalation (lung irritant)
potential chronic health effects
carcinogenic effects not avaiiable mutagenic effects mutagenic for bacteriar and or yeast/teratogenic effects classifield possible for human developmental toxicty not available the substance may be toxic to gastrointestinal tract upper respiratory tract skin eyes central nervous system cns repeated or prolononged exsposure to the substance can produce target organ damage
this is only a small part of that report and the other other compounds found are carcinogenic .they give me a report when they where trying to sell me this but when my pa touch it she was getting rashes so i sent it off for a full report told them this product need to be made with a high fire retardent and needed to be fully sealed and there report did not match mine .have not herd back since hope this is not the same one and they have had this tested indepedley

So what your saying is Ray it's bad :yikes:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Thineer slate. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, New to the forum. Have a tiler coming in to do my floor tiles but don't think he's done a...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Has anyone had any experience with this product and what was you opinion on it? I’m...
Replies
Views
I am planning to lay 600mm x 600mm x 20mm slate on to an anhydrite screed. It is a very thick...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB