Discuss Think mcfly think! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Gents, got a subby in to do some work for me on a job, Matt porc 600s, all is well apart from the stairs. He didn't cut the carpet on the first riser and has just cut the tile tight to the carpet. Did a good job getting it that close to be honest but the customer doesn't like it. Is there anything to be done? Can't silicone, grout will perish?
Answers on a postcard !!

Cut the carpet as it is now, remove what you can of the gripper rod, cut a piece of 6 or 9mm plywood whichever will bridge the gap and stick it to the riser, fit a new gripper rod and refit the carpet to it. Problem solved!
This sounds like and idea, he's cut so tight to carpet I reckon I could get away with just fixing new gripper rod, that would be enough to bring carpet out

O

Old Mod

No probs mate, that's the point of this place. We've all been there :thumbsup:
Well you obviously have! Hahaha
And I quite frankly, obviously haven't! Haha
happy-thumb-up-045.gif

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Think mcfly think! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views
C
    • Winner
Looking to do a few mitred external corners this week (600x300x9 porcelain). Practiced the cuts...
Replies
Views
hmtiling
H
Hi All, I urgently need some advice and not sure where to turn. We are having some major...
Replies
Views
Rookery
R
C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB