Discuss This will wind AJAX up ! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

:lol:
[h=4]"Anhydrite Floor Screeds[/h] The substrate must not leach moisture. Anhydrite screeds must not have a moisture content greater than 0.5% or 75% relative humidity (RH) is required. This can easily be tested with a hygrometer. Once the screed has dried it is essential that surface laitance is removed. This is achieved by scabbling, followed by vacuum cleaning to remove any dust, then followed by 1-2 neat coats of Acrylic Primer."

:lol:
[h=4]"Anhydrite Floor Screeds[/h] The substrate must not leach moisture. Anhydrite screeds must not have a moisture content greater than 0.5% or 75% relative humidity (RH) is required. This can easily be tested with a hygrometer. Once the screed has dried it is essential that surface laitance is removed. This is achieved by scabbling, followed by vacuum cleaning to remove any dust, then followed by 1-2 neat coats of Acrylic Primer."

I expect laughter on my part.. But what part is 'lol'?

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
You should not scabble screeds. It is too aggressive and can cause significant damage. It will also take too much off the screed. I guess the issue is that many people (in particular those who wrote this particular data sheet) probably don't actually know what scrabbling is.... Screeds should be sanded or at worst lightly ground simply to remove extraneous construction debris and Laitance to open up the screed surface to help the primers penetrate and the adhesives to key properly.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to This will wind AJAX up ! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

D
I have an anhydrite screed which I have been testing with a digital hygrometer which measure...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B
E
Hi All, Ive been hearing on the grape vine that there is a lot of confusion around tiling on...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G
I have visited recently a few tile failures and found that the vast majority of them are due...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B
G
At what point do you say no to doing a job ? My problem here is this, I get called in to quote a...
Replies
Views
D
US Astronaut Neil Armstrong Dies Aged 82 His family said they were "heartbroken" by his death...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB