Discuss Those B&Q polished tiles...... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

paulemillar

Hi,
Looking for some help guys.
Have just had fitted a bathroom floor with the Windsor porcelain 600x600 b and q tiles, the ones that have a wax on them, which needs removed then they need sealed.
They have been fitted with the wax left on, I now need to remove it and seal. Planning to use grimex to remove, don't know what sealer to use....any advice?

Also we have 125sqm coming in 2 weeks for another area. What is best to do ? Remove wax, seal, fit, reseal ? Or as tiler says- fit, remove wax, seal ?
I'm thinking I should maybe get him to do the dewaxing and sealing as he goes, will cost more but if it needs doing.

Any advice greatfully appreciated.

I

iandavison1966

Thanks for the replies, will go with the fix, remove wax, seal, grout then seal.

Yeah I know they are not the best but I paid about £7 per sqm (125sqm) so it would be a big difference to £25per sqm or more.

Hoping to do the right thing re sealing etc and make the best of them.

Hello, what was the outcome of your 'fix, remove wax, seal, grout then seal'? I am having 95m2 of the B&Q beige porcelain tiles fitted next week and the tiler is intending to do the same.

I had started cleaning off the wax with the B&Q recommended QEP Cleaner but either I am doing a bad job or there is no wax on the tile. I have even cleaned one half and left the other and I can see no difference.

Regards

Ian

P

paulemillar

It will be fine provided all the wax is removed before sealing. Is your tiler familiar with these tiles? Our tiler thought he had removed the wax, sealed them, then on the next day when the sun shone on them it was obvious the wax was still there. I suggest you get a stanley blade and scrape it across a tile flat if you know what I mean, (like stripping wallpaper) and see what wax comes off, check the bit you have tried to remove and see if it has worked, we used the chemical 3 times, and the wax remained in patches. We ended up doing this to our whole floor, we bought a big scraper thing. Then we resealed the floor and it looks good. Best of luck.

I

iandavison1966

It will be fine provided all the wax is removed before sealing. Is your tiler familiar with these tiles? Our tiler thought he had removed the wax, sealed them, then on the next day when the sun shone on them it was obvious the wax was still there. I suggest you get a stanley blade and scrape it across a tile flat if you know what I mean, (like stripping wallpaper) and see what wax comes off, check the bit you have tried to remove and see if it has worked, we used the chemical 3 times, and the wax remained in patches. We ended up doing this to our whole floor, we bought a big scraper thing. Then we resealed the floor and it looks good. Best of luck.

Thanks Paul. Much appreciated.

Reply to Those B&Q polished tiles...... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I'm Looking For This Tile Looking for some old b&q tiles
Hi! Has anyone got any of these stone effect tiles approx 278x362mm that b&q sold about seven...
Replies
Views
Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Those B&Q polished tiles......
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.