Discuss Thoughts on this floor in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

stusgsx

Hi guys. Went to look at a job this week it's a kitchen and diner the dining room is new extension with chipboard floor and old kitchen is concrete. It has been tiled through but the dining room floor has failed. My guess is the builder went straight over the chipboard.
Not sure how to sort it really. They want the same tiles to match again and the same level and don't want to rip the kitchen tiles up either. Only way I can think of is to take tiles up in dining room and ditra mat but even that will take floor height up.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Why is the original tiler/builder not sorting it out. You have two separate and distinct substrates with significantly different movement profiles. There should be a joint between the two full stop. If you don't and it fails again, (a quite likely scenario) you'll be crack repairing it again.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Ajax these people have just moved into this house so think it's been like this a while and they are doing the place up. I think I will tell them I can re do it but can't give a guarantee

Ah I see. If you redo it you have no choice but to give a guarantee. If you do the job and it fails you could find yourself having to go and redo it again. If it is not guaranteeable then dont do it.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Thoughts on this floor in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm planning on tiling my porch, and the tiles and adhesive will take up around 13mm of height...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB