Discuss Thoughts please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Had a builder/bathroom fitter friend of mine contact today about a job he's got coming up. Not sure if it was general conversation or wether I might be asked if I want the tiling.

However, its an upstairs bathroom. Likely to be a chipboard floor and customer has purchased/wants glass mosaic on the floor.
Sheets are 300x300. With bricks of 20x10. Thoughts?

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
A wet floor was my main concern. As you say Bri.

Chipboard I haven't seen its condition but at the very least it will be overboarded. But my thoughts are that if they want mosaic, particularly glass it has to come out to put more support in. Don't want ant fractures in the glass and a call saying the customer has sliced their foot open!

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
As long as it's prepared correctly can't really see a problem.

Here's one I did a few years ago

Porcelanosa mosaics, mixture of glazed and matt ceramics £120m

2011-03-08_20-39-36_906.jpg

Used Butech grout on this one, and it was lovely to work with cleaned up really well.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Thoughts please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

C
Will try to keep this as short as possible.... Had a very heated discussion with a customer the...
Replies
Views
charlie1
C
Hello all had a phone call today from a builder who I have done work for in the past but I...
Replies
Views
C
I've just laid a reclaimed brick floor in my kitchen (full bricks, 2.75 inches thick). I haven't...
Replies
Views
nancy tol
N
J
Hi everyone, Jodie here, I registered a few weeks ago but have waited until now to give you the...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B
C
Hello, looking for advice re sealing zamorra mosaic brick sheets (stone with some glass / metal...
Replies
Views
C
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB