Discuss Help needed from you professionals please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Hi John. Yes, the picture does show a lot of grout, but there is also a lot of adhesive dried onto the tiles (picture doesn't really do it justice). What is your opinion on the voids, as per my drawn plan? Looking forward to receiving more advice, kind regards, Jodie.

It is difficult to qualify if they are voids until the tile is lifted so that would be a given that tiles must come up to see how much adhesive is actually under the tiles.

I dread to think what the rest of the floor looks like if that is just a small section of it. A full pic of the floor would help to see the whole finish.

B

bugs183

Hi Jodie.
Sorry to see that you've had this kind of work done, we see this happen all the time. Builders often don't give any value to tiling, but it is a very important finishing trade both visually and in its fixing.
Looks like there's a series of blunders here. The guy selling the adhesive sold you a very low quality adhesive, i doubt (hope) that no one on here would use it, also he didn't sell you enough to fix the tiles correctly, on average when bedding floor tiles down properly you get arounf 3m2 out of a 25kg bag, so he didn't supply enough anyway, but thats not the major issue here.
As all the comments say above if the tiles sound hollow then they have not been fixed properly and will more than likely fail with time. The grouting is a total mess,and t will be a major job to shift that. I can't add any more, the guys here really know their stuff.
Good thing is you've not paid the builder, he needs to be given the chance to rectify this.
I hope you can resolve this without it getting awkward between you and your builder.

Reply to Help needed from you professionals please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
hello new here but wished i had found and asked before screed and ufh down but here goes. We...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Help needed from you professionals please
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.