Discuss Tile adhesive for slate onto screed with UFH in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

RIK

Hi need some advice-
Two part question, I am quoting for a job with UFH, the rapid flex adhesive I normally use recommends the heating turned on for 3 days prior to tiling, and then switched off. But the heating on this job will not be commissioned until after the floor is laid- anyone got any recommendations for adhesive?
Second with 15mm natural slate is there a recommendation on expansion joints for a large room?

Thanks

RIK

P

peckers

The floor really should be commisioned before tiling commences IE heating run to full temperature and then then allowed to cool back down! it doesent matter what adhesive you are using this should be done! it is to allow the floor to expand and contract and to dry out and to let any cracks appear etc.

you could use a de-coupling mat which allows you to tile in earlier situations however this is not a guarantee! and imo you should let the floor be commisioned first.

as to expansion joints what size room or area is it to be tiled?

D

diamondtiling

Thanks for the replies, yes I am a fixer, but have not come across this senerio before. Hence double checking by asking for advice, as both Weber and Bal products say suitable for use with heated floors, but give no further information on preperation!

Peckers- floor length is about 12m

Hi Rik

there are loads of adhesives for use over UFH but a procedure has to be followed.

:thumbsup:

P

peckers

Thanks for the replies, yes I am a fixer, but have not come across this senerio before. Hence double checking by asking for advice, as both Weber and Bal products say suitable for use with heated floors, but give no further information on preperation!

Peckers- floor length is about 12m

You can find out more info then what is on the bag by looking at there data sheets too! and if you are going to use a De-coupling mat then they have good info on the process of installing and what it can be used for etc..

R

RIK

Top thread above answers my first question, wish I had seen it first. Will discuss with customer, Im not intrested in taking on a job that is to not going to be done right.
I posted this question after looking at both bag and product data sheets, as these were no Help-
Weber- broken link removed
Bal- http://194.223.92.131/pdf/Technical Data Sheets/B & C Technical Data Sheets/BAL_Rapidset_Flex.pdf

Floor Length About 12 meters long- with ceramic tiles I have use expansion joints on floors at 8-10 meters is this the same for Slate?

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Tile adhesive for slate onto screed with UFH in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, With a kitchen renovation, Mrs choose the white mirror quartz floor tiles from a...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
hello new here but wished i had found and asked before screed and ufh down but here goes. We...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, We're having our downstairs tiles installed soon, about 82m2 of 1.2x1.2m square...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Tile adhesive for slate onto screed with UFH
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks