Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Tile Backer Board in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

TimM

Hi All,

Having now been convinced of the need to board out my 18msq hall (see "to board or not to board" on a previous thread), I am now wading through trying to decide what to use.

There are quite a few products on the market - currently the most pushed seems to be hardibacker, but whether or not this is because it is the one favoured by Topps and therefore gets more exposure, I am not sure. It comes in around £11 per sheet.

I have also seen No More Ply recommended that can be got on E Bay at around £8 per sheet.

On top of that there is the Wedi tile backer, I get the impression that this is designed more for wet rooms,

Adding in Marmox and numerous other products, I start to get confused.

As background I want to keep the height impact to a minimum as I measure around 6 ft 4 and some of the doors need careful negotiation already, so am looking towards the 6mm depths. That is why I am not considering plying it out.

Any thoughts and recommendations will be really useful as I drag myself towards the starting line of beginning to tile :dunce2:

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Tile Backer Board in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm about to tile my kitchen with 600mm x 600mm porcelain tiles. I am tiling onto a subfloor...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm having trouble finding any decent stockists locally. I've got a Topps very near, plus...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am in the middle of renovating my bathroom. First of its kind for me! The walls were...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I have recently started the task of renovating the bathroom in my flat and am at...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Tile Backer Board
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.